GoodRx, a renowned platform providing consumers with cost-saving solutions for prescriptions, was seeking to optimize its mobile web experience to further its mission. With increasing mobile traffic, there was a clear need to refine search functionalities, enhance the store locator feature, and create impactful marketing touchpoints. I was privileged to lead the UX initiative to address these challenges.
As GoodRx's user base expanded, feedback and analytics pinpointed areas of improvement:
- Search functionality often led to non-specific results or failed to load popular medications.
- The store finder lacked intuitive filters and displayed cluttered results.
- Marketing touchpoints on mobile felt disjointed, lacking the seamless experience users expected.
Research & Ideation:
A data-centric approach was paramount. Utilizing:
- User surveys to understand search behaviors and pinpoint pain points.
- Heatmaps and session recordings to visualize user interactions and identify friction points.
- Stakeholder interviews to align the redesign with business goals.
- Search Functionality Overhaul:
- Introduced auto-suggestions, leveraging past user searches and popular medications.
- Streamlined search results, categorizing medications and providing quick links to related drugs.
- Revamped Store Finder:
- Integrated intuitive filters, allowing users to sort based on proximity, store ratings, and prescription availability.
- Redesigned map and list views, ensuring easy navigation and clarity in locating pharmacies.
- Elevated Marketing Touchpoints:
- Implemented consistent branding elements, ensuring a cohesive look and feel across banners, pop-ups, and CTA buttons.
- Optimized the flow of promotional content, ensuring users encountered touchpoints at strategic moments without feeling overwhelmed.
Prototyping & User Testing:
Using iterative design processes, we transitioned from wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes. These prototypes underwent rigorous testing with diverse user groups, ensuring our solutions resonated well and genuinely addressed the identified challenges.
Launch & Outcomes:
Upon rolling out the optimized mobile web interface:
- Enhanced User Engagement: Search functionality improvements resulted in a 40% increase in successful search queries, indicating users found what they were looking for more efficiently.
- Efficient Store Locating: With the revamped store finder, users spent 30% less time locating a store, signaling a more streamlined experience.
- Improved Marketing Interactions: The bounce rate on promotional content dropped by 20%, showcasing that the elevated marketing touchpoints struck the right chord with users.
The GoodRx mobile web optimization journey underscored the power of user-centric design. By understanding pain points and aligning solutions with both user needs and business objectives, the redesigned interface delivered a superior, intuitive, and impactful user experience. The project served as a testament to the transformative potential of UX, not just in enhancing interfaces but in genuinely bettering user interactions and engagements.